This concourse has 20 contact gates, of which 18 will be for the A380. It is a fully airside structure and is connected to Terminal 3. Encased in its elliptical shape are 2 rectangular volumes that hold both 4 and 5 star hotels.
Client: ALEC and ALEC FITOUT
Location: Dubai, UAE
Scope of work: Overall co-ordination of the project, managing various subcontract packages and associated packages.
Built up area: 580 000 M2
Contract Period: 29 Months
Contract Value: US$ 1 172 000 000
Product used: Candy and BuildSmart
- When it first opened, in 1960, it was nothing more than a basic building and compacted sand runway, and could only handle aircrafts the size of a DC-3.
- Dubai International Airport is the world’s number one airport in terms of number of A380 contact stands with a total of 37 Code F aircraft gates.
- Dubai International Airport has been the world’s busiest for international passengers since 2014, when it took the title from London’s Heathrow, with passenger numbers totaling 70.4 million.
- Dubai International Airport reprised the position of the world’s number one airport for international passengers again in 2021 with passenger numbers totaling 29.1 million.
- By October 2020, Dubai International Airport has served more than 1.115 billion passengers travelling on more than 7.47 million flights since it opened in 1960.
- Dubai International Airport serves 90 airlines flying to more than 240 destinations across six continents.